Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday and is trying to get back into the swing of things now that 2013 is here.  Things at my house were as relaxing as possible with three kids on break from school and trying to get everything done for Christmas and then the after Christmas clean-up and organization that comes into play.

We did have some friends of ours over for dinner on Christmas Eve, and then I didn't have to rush to cook while in the midst of wrapping paper chaos on Christmas Day.  I don't know why we haven't always done it this way.  It was much more relaxing.  I didn't feel like I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off all day on Christmas.  Soooo nice.

I was majorly surprised by the hubs.  He bought me the stand-mixer I have eyeing.  I didn't make a single Christmas cookie this year, which is a huge deal because I normally make around 800 or so. I haven't made meatloaf in a couple of months or mashed potatoes, and really hated making the frosting for the girls' cupcakes for their birthdays this year.  My hand strength just isn't cutting it, and the hand mixer that I have is awesome, but hurts my hands and arms now.  We talked about pricing it out and looking for sales or coupons after the holidays had passed, but he came out of left field.  It's a beauty.  And I love him bunches, even before he bought me the Breville.


I am hoping that 2013 is a better year than 2012 was for everyone.  I have a bunch of stuff to actually blog about, but wanted the first post of the new year to be wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. that is a pretty nice looking mixer! happy new year to you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete