Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I hope everyone did whatever it is that they wanted today, whether that is shopping, watching football, working overtime for extra money or eating food until you never want to eat again.  I hope you got to at least spend time with people that you care about.  We had dinner with our dear friend, Katie, and her family.  And I can't thank them enough for having us.

I have been seeing posts all over Facebook and other social media sites where people post each day during the month of November something that they are thankful for. "30 Days for Thanks."  I think it sounds like a great idea in theory, but not something that I can keep up with. Every other day would probably be, "I'm thankful it is not shot day."  You guys would start defriending me and threatening to shove needles in my eyes.

There are some things that I am thankful for, though.  I want to take this opportunity to spout my 30 days of thanks into one post...The last year has given me a lot to be thankful for. These things I would be thankful for anyway, just more so now.


  • I am thankful for my babies.  I have the three most amazing beautiful girls in the world.  They are smart and funny and helpful.  They have driven me crazy at times, but have been more helpful lately and a lot more loving and quick with a joke or hug if they think I need it (even if I don't and am just trying to remember what I was doing).  
  • I am thankful for my family.  My mom and dad and siblings.  Even from 3000 miles away, I know they love me. Goofy texts and messages that make me laugh and calls just to check on me.  My mom hopped on plane at the end of August and surprised me and my dad bought the plane ticket.  Just because she needed to see me.  
  • I am thankful for my friends.  I have some of the greatest friends a girl could ask for.  Some near and some far.  They have helped out however they could without thinking twice. They have kept me sane and slapped me around when I needed it, and just let me vent if I needed that. 
  •  I am thankful everyday that I get up and can walk and can see.  I have pain in my legs, and have fuzzy vision some days, but as long as I CAN see and do not need help getting around, then I chalk it up as a win for the most part.  THOSE things would come with a much larger learning curves. 
  •  Most of all, I am thankful for my husband, Chad.  I love him and he is my soulmate.  We might not be perfect, but we are perfect for each other and I do not know what I would have done without him the past year.  He has taken care of me in so many ways and a lot of men would have run the other way when the going got tough.  I don't thank him nearly enough, and have been seriously cranky lately, but I am so thankful for him and love him with all my heart.  I hope he has some inkling of how much he means to me.  


So, while I may not do 30 days of thanks, I mean mine with all of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. this post made me smile. you have such an amazing family. :)

    ReplyDelete