Thursday, October 18, 2012

I'm alive...

The past two weeks have been so long.  Crazy long.  Insanely long. I've had numerous people call or send me texts or messages making sure that I am still alive because I seemed to have disappeared, but let me  assure everyone that I am fine.  It has just been a seriously looooong couple of weeks.

Quick rundown.  Chad was out of town for the first week of October, which means no sleep for me.  I don't sleep when he is not here.  Every little thing wakes me up and someone always ends up getting sick.  This time it was me.  I ended up with a sinus infection.

I also upped my Betaseron to the maintenance dose.  I'm not feeling great.  My stomach is upset the day after my shot.  I am hoping it will taper off.  It has been going on for 2 weeks, only since upping to the maintenance dose...  Before I just had a headache the day after increasing for the first couple of shots and was super tired.  My stomach huuuuurts, though.  Maybe I will lose a couple of pounds since I am barely eating anything on those days?  Look at the positive side of things!

My oldest child also fell at school and hurt her knee.  She is doing much better than she was, but we ended up at the walk-in clinic getting x-rays taken because her knee was huge and purple and she could barely move or walk.  She tripped over an electrical cord that was left in the doorway of the classroom.  Yeah, don't even get me started on how pissed I am about that, for SO many different reasons.

My middle child had to be sleep deprived Sunday night so we could go in for an EEG Monday morning.  Doctors think there is a chance that she may be having absence seizures.  She was tired and miserable well before the time she was supposed to be "allowed" to go to bed Sunday night.  So pleasant.  We haven't gotten results yet.

It has seriously been a "when it rain, it pours" type of month so far.  Tuesday was the first night that I have slept all night other than to get up to go to the bathroom, either somebody is waking up because they are having a bad dream or the neighbors are making noise.  I may or may not have been a little extra grouchy lately because of the combination lack of sleep/hurty tummy.  Hurty tummy is the technical term.

So, I'm alive, just kind of dragging along lately...  I promise to actually post something of substance soon.

1 comment:

  1. aw. i'm sorry things have been rough. i hope the next few weeks are kinder to you.

    ReplyDelete