Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Coconut Oil and Thanks...

Is not something that I would recommend on an empty stomach.  Not only was it slightly greasy, but having the oil sit in my stomach upset my stomach to the point I can't even look at the jar of coconut oil.  If anyone has used coconut oil and has some ideas on how to consume it, share, please!  Pretty please?

I want to say that I have gotten quite a bit of positive feedback.  People have been sending messages on facebook and e-mail.  I am happy that I can share what is going on and have it be helpful to others.  It is helpful to me to just have someplace to get it all out.  I wasn't doing this for attention, but am glad that people are reaching out to tell me that they didn't understand and now they have a better understanding of what is going on.  It is hard for me to verbalize a lot of times, but for some reason I can still get the words down on "paper".  Feel free to send me ideas and feedback. In the comments, on FB, e-mail, whatever you choose.

Thanks for all the kind words I have gotten thus far.  I will continue to throw it all out there and hope I hope embarrass myself too bad!


8 comments:

  1. Can you use it for cooking like instead of olive oil? I used to throw it in my morning smoothies. How about baking cookies with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to definitely cook with it instead of olive oil when I don't mind the coconut flavor... I have a couple of muffin recipes I might be able to switch the oil out in. I am "supposed" to be consuming at least a teaspoon daily... When no food was in my stomach, it definitely didn't work in the coffee. My stomach hurt all day. I have to find something that will. :)

      Delete
  2. I use it to make popcorn on the stove. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that coconut oil is unpleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sucks that it makes you feel sick. I can't think of any ways to take it that would solve that problem, except maybe to mix it into rolled oats. Those things can hide a multitude of sins!

    ReplyDelete