Saturday, September 29, 2012

Coffee is the Nectar of the Gods.

This is going to start off as a completely frivolous post, it may become something of substance...I make no promises.

Happy National Coffee Day!   I don't know who made this a "holiday,"  but I thank that person with every fiber of my coffee-infused being.  Just kidding.  Kind of.  I did hop out of bed this morning thinking that I had a nationally supported reason to partake of my borderline addiction.  I mean, it is a HOLIDAY, people.   I have given up soda. I used to be a Diet Coke girl after my morning coffee.  I have cut quite a bunch of unhealthy stuff out of my diet, though.  Plus soda tastes really funny with the medications I am on.  The carbonation tastes weird.  So that was an easy cut.  I have upped my coffee intake to 2-3 cups a day, on most days.  And I really can't function before I get that first dose of caffeine.  I sit with my coffee, check my e-mail.  Occasionally I will be fooled into thinking that the caffeine has take hold and reply to something.  So if anyone has ever gotten an early morning e-mail that doesn't make a ton of sense.  It was me jumping the gun!

Unfortunately, this caffeine substance that works for so many people doesn't work as well for me.  It helps get me going in the morning for a bit, but then by noon I am ready for a nap. Any coffee I drink after that point is purely for enjoyment.  And enjoy it, I do!  My favorite right now is a flavored K-Cup by Green Mountain Coffee- Wild Mountain Blueberry.  YUM!  Coffee and blueberries wrapped into one.  It smells like a blueberry muffin.  So I drink my blueberry coffee in the morning and pep up enough to function and get the munchkins off to school, answer e-mails and do some basic work "stuff".

This is my fuel pump.  Her name is Josephine. Yeah, a big cup of Josephine.  Joe was too common.
As far as the weekend goes, I have a dentist appointment today.  Who wants to go to the dentist on a Saturday?  Not this chick!  It is a reschedule, though, so I need to go and get it over with.  I have never had a problem with the dentist before, but the place I go now is kind of violent.  The last cleaning I got, I couldn't eat solid food for almost 4 days.  I scheduled with a different hygienist this time, so hopefully I will not have the same problem.   I also have to pack my hubster up.  He is leaving on Monday for a few days.  I will admit that I am a bit nervous-more so than normal.  I always hate when he goes away on business, I don't sleep, I keep all the lights on at night, etc. But this is the first time since D-Day that he has gone away on business.   He will only be gone for 4 days, so hopefully it will just go by quick with nothing to write home about.  Other than than I am going to rest and watch Doctor Who with a box of tissues later!

I hope everyone else is having a fantastic weekend.  Go enjoy a cup of coffee or some coffee ice cream.  Or both!  Mmmmm!  Coffee ice cream!  I know what I'm having for dessert!  Maybe I will have a pint while watching Doctor Who...Sounds like a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment